As an endodontic patient, what should I expect?
- A comprehensive examination to diagnose orofacial pain and pulpal injury.
- Determine if the tooth is a good candidate for endodontic therapy.
- Root canal therapy will non-surgically eliminate and treat the diseased pulp. The pulp is removed and the root canal system is thoroughly cleaned and sealed.
- A small percentage of root canals may eventually get recontaminated due to new cavities, new fractures or the loss of restoration/crowns over the root canal. Retreatment therapy will non-surgically retreat a tooth with a prior root canal.
- Under certain circumstances, microsurgery may be indicated. We are experts in performing this procedure and utilize sophisticated equipment to ensure the best result.
To provide you with a better understanding of endodontic therapy, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to root canals are discussed.